In today's edition of Fuck You, BYU:
- BYU is on the 7 line. Each 7 seed feeds into at least one Friday/Sunday location.
- Move BYU down a line? Nope. Each 8 seed either feeds into a Friday/Sunday location, or directly in front of Gonzaga.
- Move BYU up a line? There's a spot in St Louis on the 6 line available.
- Great! Except for Butler. See, there's 3 Big East teams on the 3 line, and now since BYU took St Louis, there's nowhere for Butler to go. Therefore, despite being the highest 6 seed, Butler gets sent careening down a seed line. Not great. I could actually see the committee moving them to the 5 line in this scenario, sending Iowa to the 6 line and Wisky to the 7 line.
Elsewhere, I'm not a fan of what I did with the 4 line (neither Oregon nor Colorado get the west region, geography in general is wonky), but the brackets needed to be balanced. Again, this is something to watch with SDSU. The committee's job gets so much easier if they just make SDSU #5 overall and park them in Gonzaga's west region.
1) Kansas vs. 16) St Peter's/Prairie View A&M
8) St Mary's vs. 9) Florida
4) Colorado vs. 13) Stephen F Austin
5) Michigan St vs. 12) Liberty
3) Louisville vs. 14) New Mexico St
6) BYU vs. 11) Oklahoma/Xavier
2) Maryland vs. 15) Colgate
7) Marquette vs. 10) Utah St
1) San Diego St vs. 16) Austin Peay
8) Texas Tech vs. 9) Virginia
4) Penn St vs. 13) Vermont
5) Auburn vs. 12) Cincinnati
3) Seton Hall vs. 14) South Dakota St
6) Michigan vs. 11) North Carolina St
2) Duke vs. 15) Arkansas-Little Rock
7) Ohio St vs. 10) East Tennessee St
1) Gonzaga vs. 16) Radford
8) Illinois vs. 9) Rhode Island
4) Kentucky vs. 13) Akron
5) West Virginia vs. 12) Northern Iowa
3) Creighton vs. 14) UC Irvine
6) Wisconsin vs. 11) USC/Wichita St
2) Dayton vs. 15) Wright St
7) Butler vs. 10) Arizona St
1) Baylor vs. 16) St Francis(PA)/North Carolina A&T
8) LSU vs. 9) Rutgers
4) Oregon vs. 13) North Texas
5) Iowa vs. 12) Yale
3) Villanova vs. 14) Hofstra
6) Arizona vs. 11) Richmond
2) Florida St vs. 15) Montana
7) Houston vs. 10) Indiana