This officially goes unchanged after one final seed scrub from me.
Weird : Stanford dropped out with a loss in a tournament that ended up cancelled. Makes you wonder, in a hypothetical world where the NCAA tournament was back on, if those conference tournaments would actually count. I could actually see the NCAA throwing out all conference tourney results for all teams, inviting all regular season champions and proceeding. If the NCAA does end up releasing a seed list, I'd like to see them go that route.
In that scenario, I'd change:
- SDSU gets their 1 seed back, Dayton back to a 2
- Utah St drops out of the field, replaced by UCLA (the SDSU win served as rocket fuel for its resume)
- UNI probably leaps a seed line or so. UNI getting the autobid back actually bumps Stanford back in the field as a result.
- St Mary's probably loses a seed line to Houston by having their BYU win erased
- the obvious changes at the bottom with the likes of Winthrop, Boston U, etc replaced
- Colorado gets a seed back (PSU drops one amid their horrid non-con SoS)
As is, the previous seed list gets frozen in place.
The 1 line: Kansas, Baylor, Gonzaga, Dayton
The 2 line: San Diego St, Villanova, Florida St, Duke
The 3 line: Creighton, Seton Hall, Kentucky, Michigan St
The 4 line: Maryland, Oregon, Louisville, Wisconsin
The 5 line: Butler, West Virginia, Ohio St, Auburn
The 6 line: Michigan, BYU, Iowa, Penn St
The 7 line: Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, St Mary's
The 8 line: Houston, Providence, LSU, USC
The 9 line: Arizona, Florida, Marquette, Oklahoma
The 10 line: East Tennessee St, Arizona St, Utah St, Rutgers
The 11 line: Texas Tech, Indiana, Richmond, North Carolina St, Northern Iowa, Wichita St
The 12 line: Cincinnati, Stephen F Austin, Yale, Vermont
The 13 line: Liberty, Akron, New Mexico St, North Texas
The 14 line: Belmont, Bradley, Hofstra, UC-Irvine
The 15 line: Winthrop, Eastern Washington, North Dakota St, Arkansas-Little Rock
The 16 line: Boston U, Northern Kentucky, Siena, Robert Morris, Prairie View A&M, North Carolina Central
Last 4 in:
North Carolina St
Last 4 out:
Next 4 out:
*Stephen F Austin