Friday, March 15, 2019

3/15 recap

ACC semis:
Florida St 69, Virginia 59 - you know, if you really wanted to, you could put 4 ACC teams on the top 2 lines.  FSU's floor is now the 3 line.  Virginia....I think is still #1 overall, but I gotta look at this closer if Duke wins tomorrow
Duke 74, North Carolina 73 - I don't think the committee will put 3 ACC teams on the top line, so I think UNC is kinda screwed.  But they have a resume worthy of the 1 line.  Maybe UVa/Duke/UNC/Gonzaga on the 1 line, UK/UT winner as the top 2?  I doubt they'd pull that trigger.

SEC quarters:
Kentucky 73, Alabama 55 - boy, I don't know about Alabama.  Don't think I can do it
Tennessee 83, Mississippi St 76 - UK/UT for the 1 line, IMO
Florida 76, LSU 73 - and there goes LSU from the 1 line....and 2 line conversation.  I was always a little aggressive with LSU the past couple weeks, thinking a dual SEC title would carry weight.  But without this, and Michigan/FSU/Houston charging, I'm moving them to the 3 line.  Florida probably has to be in now, btw
Auburn 73, South Carolina 64 - Auburn losing a chance at a signature win does kinda hurt.  Florida won't move the needle

Big East semis:
Seton Hall 81, Marquette 79 - I'm going to mis-seed these teams by at least 2 lines, I guarantee.  I have no idea what to do
Villanova 71, Xavier 67 (OT) - I just don't think the case can be made for X.  In the end, no longshot BE hopeful comes through

B1G quarters:
Michigan St 77, Ohio St 70 - unfortunately for MSU, with all the ACC teams balling out and UK/UT happening, the 1 line door is shut for them.  OSU will be a team I debate until the very end
Michigan 74, Iowa 53 - I'm going to flip my mind on Houston/Michigan for the last 2 seed about 574 times the next day or so, fair warning
Minnesota 75, Purdue 73 - well that's one less bubble team to worry about
Wisconsin 66, Nebraska 62

Big 12 quarters:
Iowa St 63, Kansas St 59 - can we just seed the entire Big 12 on the 5 and 6 lines and be done with it?  KSU doesn't have a resume befitting of a conference champ
Kansas 88, West Virginia 74 - Kansas sure isn't getting a lot of resume help in this tourney

AAC quarters:
Houston 84, UConn 45 - see the 2 seed conversation elsewhere in this post
Memphis 79, UCF 55 - let's be honest; UCF gave away a fair chunk of goodwill the last couple of games, after doing great work prior.  I think there's enough for selection though
Cincinnati 82, SMU 74
Wichita St 80, Temple 74 - the plot thickens for Temple

Pac-12 semis:
Washington 66, Colorado 61
Oregon 79, Arizona St 75 (OT) - do you guys realize we're one game, and one undervaluing of St John's resume, away from the Big East and Pac-12 getting the same number of bids to the tourney?

MWC semis:
San Diego St 65, Nevada 56 - this entire time, I've been seeding Nevada with the eye test in mind.  This loss changes things a bit, and now their lack of an impact resume is a real issue for seeding
Utah St 85, Fresno St 60

MAC semis:
Buffalo 85, Central Michigan 81
Bowling Green 71, Northern Illinois 67

A-10 quarters:
Rhode Island 75, VCU 70 - are we sure VCU is safe?  I mean, tell me their signature win.  Go ahead.  I mean, they're probably safe, but still
St Bonaventure 68, George Mason 57
Davidson 70, St Joseph's 60
St Louis 64, Dayton 55 - well this tourney turned into a tire fire right quick

CUSA semis:
Old Dominion 61, UAB 59
Western Kentucky 70, Southern Miss 59

Sun Belt quarters:
Texas St 79, South Alabama 67
Georgia Southern 81, Louisiana-Monroe 67

WAC semis:
New Mexico St 79, UTRGV 72
Grand Canyon 78, Utah Valley 74

Southland semis:
New Orleans 79, Sam Houston St 76
Abilene Christian 69, SE Louisiana 66

Big Sky semis:
Montana 78, Weber St 49
Eastern Washington 77, Southern Utah 61

Big West semis:
UC Irvine 75, Long Beach St 67
Cal St Fullerton 64, UCSB 58

SWAC semis:
Prairie View A&M 81, Grambling 71
Texas Southern 80, Alabama St 66

MEAC semis:
Norfolk St 75, Howard 69
North Carolina Central 65, NC A&T 63

No comments: