Latest adds to the lockbox:
Last 3 in:
Last 2 out:
I think X is fine, although they cut it close. MSU and K-State too. Vandy, Wake, and USC are the teams I can see legit arguments for leaving out.
- Vandy has a raw accumulation of losses, as much as the SoS matters; that matters too
- Wake has a terrible record vs. the Top 50, you can argue they didn't cash in at a high enough rate
- USC has a lack of signature wins, kind of the same problem as ISU
- Syracuse has a butt RPI and road record
- Illinois St has a lack of depth in its profile
Any miss will come from within this group of 5.
Any surprise candidates?
California - they're behind USC, so nah
Illinois - would still be on my bubble if they didn't fire Groce
Iowa - has enough quality wins, but absorbed too much damage
Houston, Arlington.....GaTech and Clemson, nah. I can't make the case for any team in this section. We better not get a surprise this year.