- Lots of kerjiggering. The committee chair has forced my hand to put Arizona on the 1 line. I don't like it.
- Also moved FSU back to the 3 line ahead of Florida. That last 3 seed is a pressure point in the bracket I can't quite figure out what to do.
- Also a pressure point: the last 5 seed, which will likely go to the Cincy/SMU winner. The last 6 seed will go to the Michigan/Wisconsin winner. Or maybe they won't because the selection committee ignores Sunday games.
- And speaking of ignoring Sunday games, what do we do with URI if they lose? I think I'm holding them in the field.
- One other group of changes: lowered Providence and Oklahoma St further, after further review of their resumes. I'm running out of teams for the 9 line in particular, and I'm not a fan of Dayton and VCU in those spots, but I'm running out of options.
- One mid-major enters the at-large field. However, despite their win at St Mary's, I think UTA lags behind Illinois St in that division of the bubble.
The 1 line: Villanova (31-3), Kansas (28-4), Gonzaga (32-1), Arizona (30-4)
The 2 line: Duke (27-8), North Carolina (26-7), Kentucky (28-5), Baylor (24-7)
The 3 line: Oregon (28-5), Louisville (24-8), UCLA (29-4), Florida St (25-8)
The 4 line: Florida (24-8), Butler (23-8), West Virginia (26-8), Notre Dame (25-9)
The 5 line: Iowa St (23-10), Purdue (25-7), Virginia (22-10), Cincinnati (29-4)
The 6 line: Minnesota (24-8), Creighton (25-8), SMU (28-4), Wisconsin (25-8)
The 7 line: St Mary's (28-4), Maryland (23-8), Miami (21-11), Michigan (23-11)
The 8 line: Northwestern (23-11), Virginia Tech (22-10), Wichita St (29-4), Seton Hall (21-11)
The 9 line: Arkansas (25-8), VCU (26-7), Dayton (23-7), Marquette (19-12)
The 10 line: Middle Tennessee (28-4), Providence (20-12), Oklahoma St (19-12), South Carolina (22-10)
The 11 line: Michigan St (19-14), Xavier (21-13), Kansas St (20-13), Vanderbilt (19-15), Wake Forest (19-13)
The 12 line: USC (24-9), Rhode Island (23-9), Nevada (28-6), UNC-Wilmington (27-5), Princeton (21-6)
The 13 line: Vermont (28-5), New Mexico St (25-5), East Tennessee St (25-7), Bucknell (26-8)
The 14 line: Winthrop (24-6), Iona (22-12), FGCU (23-7), Northern Kentucky (22-10)
The 15 line: Texas Southern (23-11), Kent St (21-13), Texas St (18-12), North Dakota (19-9)
The 16 line: South Dakota St (16-16), Jacksonville St (18-14), New Orleans (17-11), Mount St Mary's (19-15), UC-Davis (20-12), North Carolina Central (22-8)
Last 5 in:
Last 3 out:
Illinois St (26-6)
Off the board:
The 1 line: Syracuse, Illinois, Illinois St, California
The 2 line: Texas-Arlington, Indiana, Georgia, Houston
The 3 line: Clemson, Georgia Tech, TCU, Iowa
The 4 line: Alabama, Monmouth, Colorado St, Charleston
The 5 line: BYU, Akron, Utah, Ole Miss
The 6 line: Boise St, Richmond, Ohio St, Colorado
The 7 line: Fresno St, Central Florida, Belmont, Cal St-Bakersfield
The 8 line: UNC-Greensboro, Oakland, South Dakota, UC-Irvine
We ended up with 9 bid poachers. 1 or 2 less than average:
Sun Belt, MAAC, MAC, OVC, WAC, SoCon, Horizon, Summit, Big West
We still have one more bid poaching threat on the board (Ivy), and it'll be UCF under threat there.